Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite M100 - No battery light

1. Satellite M100 - No battery light
    Beginner
    Hello there,

My Satellite M100 has a problem with the power. It started about a month ago, when my computer suddenly turned off, and the power indicator was the only one left on, no battery light. The problem seemed to disappear, but recently the laptop's playing up again. It will randomly turn off, or the power indicator will flash rapidly. And the battery light will illuminate for half a second, and turn off.

Any ideas, Thanks in advance
    Baldan11

2. Re: Satellite M100 - No battery light
    Master
    > It will randomly turn off, or the power indicator will flash rapidly. And the battery light will illuminate for half a second, and turn off.
    Very strange but sounds like something wrong with the power supply electronic on the motherboard….
    If the power LED starts to flash then this would mean that a hardware error has been detected on the motherboard…

But just one question;
    Are you able to use the notebook connected only to battery or only to AC adaptor?
    Do you have any problems charging the battery?

3. Re: Satellite M100 - No battery light
    Master
    This is really really strange and I never heard about such an issue.

I think you should try another AC/DC adaptor if it doesn’t work it looks like a mainboard issue.
    Furthermore follow the instructions posted by Jaba.

I hope I could help you a little bit.

4. Re: Satellite M100 - No battery light
    Beginner
    No, I cannot use the computer without the battery; if I plug in the power supply, the power light will flash, and will continue to flash until the battery is replaced. Yes, I have a problem charging the battery, whenever I connect the power supply to the computer to charge the battery, the battery light will _sometimes_ come up for about half a second, then will turn off, but the power light will remain on.

Thanks, Baldan11

5. Re: Satellite M100 - No battery light
    Master
    Hello Baldan

I agree with Jaba. There must be some problem with power supply electronic on the mainboard.
    To be honest I don't believe there is anything you can do alone and you should contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.

Let them check your notebook with diagnostic tools and utilities. They can find out what is wrong there very fast.

Is the warranty still valid?

6. Re: Satellite M100 - No battery light
    Beginner
    Thanks for your suggestion, I'll take the computer to an authorised dealer and hopefully they can help out. Unfortunately the warranty expired about 1 and a half years ago.

Thanks, Baldan11