Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite 2410 wont see new 250GB hard drive

1. Satellite 2410 wont see new 250GB hard drive
    Beginner
    I'm trying to upgrade from the 30GB Toshiba harddrive that came with the unit to a Western Digital Scorpio Blue 250GB EIDE drive.
    I take the swap the 30GB out for the 250GB put in a bootable version of XP SP3 CD-ROM and nothing - no sign that any power is getting to the drive.
    The CDROM tries to write boot files to the hard drive but nothing happens.

Same thing happens when I try to use the 3cd pack from Toshiba or the recovery CD from Norton Ghost.
    The computer is not seeing the drive. Put the old 30GB drive in and it boots up right away.

My BIOS settings show it to be set up for EIDE and to boot from the CDROM. What steps am I missing?

2. Re: Satellite 2410 wont see new 250GB hard drive
    Master
    Hi

It looks like the BIOS does not recognize the new HDD… I assume it’s too large…
    The Satellite 2410 series is old and I assume it will not support bigger HDD’s than 120GB due to the 28bit LBA

So try with smaller HDD like 80GB or 100GB.

Greetings

3. Re: Satellite 2410 wont see new 250GB hard drive
    Master
    Hi!

I think a 250GB will not work in this notebook because it has a 28bit LBA limitation ([www.48bitlba.com]).

You should try a HDD up to 120GB. I think this would be the highest capacity for this pretty old notebook.

Bye