Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Qosmio F50 - lock touchpad doesn't work

1. Qosmio F50 - lock touchpad doesn't work
    Beginner
    Hi,

FN+F9 doesn't seem to work (touchpad is always active). I have drivers for alps touchpad.
    Every other FN key is working currently. I've seen other replies on that matter and all seem to have solutions that are model related.

2. Re: Qosmio F50 - lock touchpad doesn't work
    Master
    I recommend you to remove Value Added Package from the system.
    After doing this restart your notebook and install latest version from Toshiba support and download page.

You can find it under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > version 1.1.19

3. Re: Qosmio F50 - lock touchpad doesn't work
    Luke
    Hello

I agree with Barrie. You should update the Toshiba Value Added Package. This Package contains all necessary drivers and tools for the FN keys.
    You can find it on the Toshiba website.

This should work for you but you can give us a feedback.

Greets

4. Re: Qosmio F50 - lock touchpad doesn't work
    Beginner
    First of all, I'm currently using windows 7 beta build 7049. I installed vap as prompted and fn + f9 still doesn't work (touchpad is always online).
    When I try to access toshiba accessibility it says: " This system, can not use "Toshiba accessibility".
    I installed it from official site for my model version 1.1.1.9.

5. Re: Qosmio F50 - lock touchpad doesn't work
    Master
    Hi!

To be honest I think that the problem is Windows 7. Itís only a beta OS and nobody can say at the moment that all works well.
    Toshiba does only support Vista for this notebook.

If the VAP not work on Windows 7 you should downgrade to Vista.

Bye

6. Re: Qosmio F50 - lock touchpad doesn't work
    Beginner
    Well windows 7 beta performances are too much for me to give up just for one fn option, still I hope windows 7 will get support soon.

7. Re: Qosmio F50 - lock touchpad doesn't work
    Master
    Hay rabbit-guy ;)

I tested Windows 7 on my Satellite Pro P300 and I am very satisfied. Of course Toshiba tools and utilities cannot be used with it but when official support starts Toshiba will offer all necessary stuff.

About support for Windows 7 nobody here can say for sure when it will starts but according some articles in the PC magazines this will not happen soon. Microsoft obviously still doesnít have exact start date and notebooks manufacturers must follow Microsoft and prepare also own products for support.

In my opinion we will wait until autumn or maybe winter.

Bye