Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra M10 BIOS Update question

1. Tecra M10 BIOS Update question

I own a Tecra M10-10Q (short model: PTMB1E)
    I received a few days ago an automatic TEMPRO Alert from Toshiba informing of a new BIOS driver.

After downloading and extracting the .zip file, I launched the executable: P0065v190.exe
    I was asked to confirm that I want to update BIOS from current version 1.50 to BIOS package version 1.90

When I click on "Yes", I have a popup window titled: "TOSHIBA BIOS Package version 3.2.9" !!
    with among other cautions, the following statement:
    "Turn BitLocker Drive Encryption of Windows Vista off before updating the BIOS"

A google search on what is the "BitLocker Drive Encryption" and how to turn it off, informs that it is located under "Security" in the Control Panel.
    However, I didn't find anything like "BitLocker" when I click on "Security" in the Control Panel!!

So, I canceled the update procedure. But I'd like to keep my system uptodate!
    What do you advise me to do? Where to find the BitLocker? How to proceed a such update of the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Tecra M10 BIOS Update question

Windows Bit locker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature which is available ONLY in Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Server 2008.

If you don’t have one of these Vista versions then a Bilocker is NOT available on your preinstalled system!

Regarding the BIOS update;
    I follow always this advice; never change a running system; so if the notebook is running properly and trouble free an BIOS update is not necessary… that’s my personal opinion…