Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra A10 - Can't change BIOS settings with activated supervisor password

1. Tecra A10 - Can't change BIOS settings with activated supervisor password
    Beginner
    Hi,
    I activated an supervisor password for the acpi 1.50 BIOS.

Since then I'm not able to change the settings (for example boot order etc - the right side of the BIOS screen is not displayed anymore).
    I access the bios with pressing ESC on boot process, then F1 when prompted ""Check System, then press [F1] key"". Problem is that I am not asked for the supervisor password.
    There should be a prompt for the Supervisor Password, but it is not. So I am not able to login as supervisor.
    I know that I can change boot order manually by pressing F12 when booting, but that wouldnot solve my problem.

Thx in advance
    elitecamper

2. Re: Tecra A10 - Can't change BIOS settings with activated supervisor password
    Master
    Have you tried to update the BIOS? On the Toshiba website I can find a newer version as you have at the moment. Check this!
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Download Drivers

Before you set a supervisor password load the default settings in BIOS and then you can set the password and try it again. Maybe it works.

3. Re: Tecra A10 - Can't change BIOS settings with activated supervisor password
    Master
    >I activated an supervisor password
    You can also remove supervisor password and see if everything works well again.
    You can do this in “TOSHIBA Assist” > Secure