Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L300 BIOS update problem: "That BIOS is not for your notebook PC"

1. Satellite L300 BIOS update problem: "That BIOS is not for your notebook PC"
    Beginner
    I got Satellite L300 notebook and I want to update it's BIOS (current v1.50), so I've downloaded bios update v1.60-WIN and when I run extracted PS10160M.exe file - I get a message that "That BIOS is not for your notebook PC".

What I'm I doing wrong?

ps: that BIOS update was automatically suggested after registration on Toshiba website via serial number.

UPD: seems like autosuggestion fail: Manual search shows that 1.60-win bios update not suitable for Satellite L300 PSLBCE model. :-(

2. Re: Satellite L300 BIOS update problem: "That BIOS is not for your notebook PC"
    Hi

You used wrong BIOS!!!!!

The Toshiba European driver page provides an BIOS for this Satellite L300 PSLBCE series and the latest BIOS at this time is 1.50!!!!

At this time your notebook uses the latest BIOS!!!

3. Re: Satellite L300 BIOS update problem: "That BIOS is not for your notebook PC"
    Master
    Please be careful with this stuff. If you have a European notebook model for BIOS update check European Toshiba support page under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com

By some Asian, Australian, US or Canadian model visit right Toshiba support page.

4. Re: Satellite L300 BIOS update problem: "That BIOS is not for your notebook
    Beginner
    i have the same problem. but i've downloaded the BIOS from Canadian toshiba .but it didn't install because i have the same version of BIOS 1.5 .
    WHAT I DO NOW ?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

5. Re: Satellite L300 BIOS update problem: "That BIOS is not for your notebook
    Sorry zghoul but what kind of help you expect now.
    Do you have Canadian notebook model? Which one exactly?

6. Re: Satellite L300 BIOS update problem: "That BIOS is not for your notebook
    Beginner
    how i can replace this BIOS with another version ?
    because i've installed BIOS and this BIOS did not work on my notebook!!!

7. Re: Satellite L300 BIOS update problem: "That BIOS is not for your notebook
    Akuma
    Did you download the BIOS for the PSLBCE model?

You cannot use the BIOS from other L300 models, for example PSLB0E.

If you installed Windows yourself using a generic Windows Disc, you will need to install the Value Added Package from the Toshiba website. The BIOS Update requires the TVAP package to detect the machine properly.

8. Re: Satellite L300 BIOS update problem: "That BIOS is not for your notebook
    Master
    Hi

Does your notebook boot successfully?

In your case I would contact the nearest authorized service provider. Contact a technician and ask what to do now but I think you have to go to an ASP. The technicians have to remove the wrong version and flash it with correct one.