Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L350 - BSOD during recovery and "BOOTMGR" missing

1. Satellite L350 - BSOD during recovery and "BOOTMGR" missing
    Beginner
    Hi,
    I have a Satellite L350, Vista home premium SP1, (had it for about 4months)

And yesterday I got a black screen error on my laptop it said to restart it, so I did, then my laptop just wouldn't stat up any more, I have no idea why?

So I put in the recovery disks that came with my laptop to just reinstall every thing like if I just got it out of the box and as I follow the instructions that the Toshiba recovery wizard disk says, and as its "coping files" I get a blue screen error saying "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damages to your computer DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

And say to restart or what ever and just keeps doing that.
    (Tech Info: STOP: 0x000000D1, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8D246FD7)
    ( usbccgp.sys - Address 8D246FD7 base at 8D23E000, Datestamp 47919053)

Then I restart my system and a black screen comes up saying "BOOTMGR missing"
    So now I have nothing that works, I have retried the disks but same error with blue screen.
    I have also tried doing the safe mood and docent come up, nothing works.
    Iím in need of help!

Thanks for reading sorry for so much reading to do

2. Re: Satellite L350 - BSOD during recovery and "BOOTMGR" missing
    Master
    The reason why notebook doesnít start (bootmgr error) is while the installation stopped with an BSOD. So you must reinstall the notebook again.

It looks like an USB problem because I have found this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945436/en-us

If you have connected external USB devices to the notebook, remove them.
    In worst case there is something wrong with the USB ports or controller and the mainboard must be exchanged.