Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400 and Vista - PSD load ends with crash

1. Portege M400 and Vista - PSD load ends with crash
    Beginner
    I'm a owner of a Portege M400 (PPM40E) and recently upgraded my operating system to Vista. All new drivers work fine except the one for the *TPM*. Here's what happens.

The installation of the Security Platform goes fine. I can create a Personal Secure Drive (PSD), load and unload it until the first time I turn off my computer.
    After each attempt of loading the PSD is replied by a crash. Two seconds after the password submission I get a blue screen which informs me the source of the problem: *PFN_LIST_CORRUPT*, a memory dump file is created and the system restarts.

Did anyone else experience this problem? Does anyone know how to restore the data from a manually created backup of the PSD? The restore dialog doesn't accept the **.fsb* file.

It would be great if someone could help me with this one as I have no "unencrypted" backup of the files I had stored on the PSD.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

2. Re: Portege M400 and Vista - PSD load ends with crash
    Aficionado
    Hi

I have googled a little bit and found some details about PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error message.
    The PFN means Page Frame Number and it describes the division of single frames of main memory where the application commands or driver running.
    If an driver or application exceed such frame then a BSOD will appear.

Here are some hints and proposals to solve such issue which I found on some external webpage:
    - update the BIOS and set it to the default settings
    - reinstall and update the display driver, sound driver, LAN driver, etc…
    - reinstall the Security Assist,
    - update the Windows OS

In worst case this issue could be caused by RAM malfunction and in such case the RAM modules should be replaced.

Sorry but I didn’t find more infos regarding such issue.