Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P20 - beeps at start up after keyboard cleaning

1. Satellite P20 - beeps at start up after keyboard cleaning
    Beginner
    Hey!

I have an Satellite P20 that is acting strange. I've been cleaned the keyboard (removed it, took it apart and cleaned all the keys) but when i boot it up now (I have connected the keyboard) It goes *beep beep* *beep beep beep beep* on me (sounds like one of those things at the hospital). If I wait for some time it eventually boots up XP but then some keys (5%) are not responding (S and arrow down to name some).

I've tried to boot up with the keyboard disconnected and that works like a charm.

So is it the keyboard thats faulty? ( I rather not buy a new one just to get the same problem) or is it keyboard connector or me doing it wrong (I have disconnect and connected the keyboard many times)

I'm very thankful for any help or tips that I can get.

Best Regards

/Martin

2. Re: Satellite P20 - beeps at start up after keyboard cleaning
    Master
    This is strange but maybe the keyboard is faulty as you said.
    Or you donít have the keyboard connected to mainboad correctly. Check this again.

Maybe one key is always pushed and so get the beeps. Check this.

3. Re: Satellite P20 - beeps at start up after keyboard cleaning
    Beginner
    Hey Raver!

It was one of the keys being pressed down (i removed all and started from scratch) so thank you very much for that.

A new problem that popped up is that one of the keys ( rubber) are VERY VERY sensitive, in fact so sensitive that all I
    need to do is to touch it lightly on the top of the rubber thingy for it to register a key press (the other guys requires me actually press them)

I've been looked below the rubber and even sprayed some air so no dust or anything was there, but it's still very sensitive, anyone know how to fix it?

Best regards

/H2o

4. Re: Satellite P20 - beeps at start up after keyboard cleaning
    Master
    First of all I must say itís great to hear this.

About your problem that one key is very sensitive I think the keyboard must be replaced. A solution for this problem is not known to me :(

5. Re: Satellite P20 - beeps at start up after keyboard cleaning
    Akuma
    I hope you didn't use liquid to clean the keyboard :P

There could be something caught under the bad key, otherwise you need a new keyboard.