Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro A120-160 SD card reader SDHC compatible?

1. Satellite Pro A120-160 SD card reader SDHC compatible?
    Beginner
    I just want to know if my SD card reader in my PSAC1E can read SDHC cards or not. Anyone out there from Toshiba know, or has anyone else out there with the same macine tried an SDHC card in theirs?

2. Re: Satellite Pro A120-160 SD card reader SDHC compatible?
    Master
    As far as I know the Satellite A120 supports SD cards up to 1GB.
    So SDHC cards are not compatible.

If you want to read SDHC cards on your notebook, you need an external card reader (USB).

3. Re: Satellite Pro A120-160 SD card reader SDHC compatible?
    Beginner
    Interesting, so not even 'normal' SD cards of 2GB are supported. That's a shame.

Can anyone from Toshiba give me an official answer to this?

4. Re: Satellite Pro A120-160 SD card reader SDHC compatible?
    Master
    Hi

I think if you need a official statement from Toshiba then you will have to make a call to Toshiba hotline or will have to contact an authorized service partner in your country.

I found only the info that the SD card slot can accommodate Secure Digital flash memory cards with various capacities. This would mean that you can use ONLY SD cards (SDHC are not possible)
    But I didnít find any details about max SD card support.

If you will get some more details from Toshiba please post it hereÖ Iím interesting too.

Greets

5. Re: Satellite Pro A120-160 SD card reader SDHC compatible?
    Beginner
    Thanks for your responses. If I find out any further info on this I'll post back but for now I'll leave the question as 'unanswered'.