Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro A210 touchpad synaptics cannot enable virtual scrolling.

1. Satellite Pro A210 touchpad synaptics cannot enable virtual scrolling.
    Beginner
    Hello all.

I see from previous posts that this issue has been addressed in some way or another a few times and I have tried several of the fixes, and have had no success.

1. I have a toshiba L300 next to me(girlfriends), and this feature works fine. V annoying!!
    2. I have never been able to enable the scrolling. I know where the setting are and have tried to check/uncheck the boxes/ press 'apply' then ok and the other way around.
    3. I have re-installed the drivers from toshiba(synaptics).
    4. I have updated the bios from tempro. Although I only registed for tempro recently, the dates on the list of updates seemed fairly old. ie. not much new stuff available anyway.

Thats where im at!
    All advice would be apreciated.
    Also, are Realtec drives related with the touchpad in some way??
    Cheers Phill
    I have about a month left on the warranty, so hopefully this would be something that may be covered if no-one can help.

2. Re: Satellite Pro A210 touchpad synaptics cannot enable virtual scrolling.
    Master
    Hello

In my opinion everything you already done is right and I’m really out of idea what you can try except most radical solution – OS installation with recovery CD/DVD. After doing this you will have “factory settings” again. As far as I know virtual scrolling is enabled by default and it should work after first start.

So doing this you can make the “ultimate test” and be sure if this function works or not.

3. Re: Satellite Pro A210 touchpad synaptics cannot enable virtual scrolling.
    Beginner
    Hi. Thanks for that advice. Re-installed the os as suggested. Just lucky my laptop came with the disc(Ive heardsome of the cheaper toshibas dont sometimes)
    It worked a treat, and tidied up the laptop as well. It now re-starts V quick.
    Cheers Phill
    ...Im going to ramp up the ram, then I think I will finally be happy, and go to meet my maker one day; a satisfied man!!