Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue

1. Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Beginner
    I recently had major problems with my Satellite A200-AH6 PSAE0C notebook after I did a BIOS flash. I brought it in, got it repaired, and everything is running normally.

However, there are 2 problems which I cannot seem to figure out.

The first issue is with the volume control -- the scroll for the volume works fine, but the display bar does not show up on my screen indicating volume level. This is NOT a major issue at all, but I'd like to know if someone knows a solution to it. Maybe a missing .dll?

The 2nd issue (VERY IMPORTANT) is with the touchpad -- the scroll on the right side of it does not work anymore. I cannot find any problem with it, and I compared it to my brother's laptop (exact same kind) and it is identical. I assume there is a missing driver....please, someone help with this issue. It is critical that I can scroll up and down, because using Page Up and Page Down is just too annoying.

Thank you.

2. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Beginner
    Well just go to the toshiba drivers section, put your laptop model and look for the touchpad driver and install it to see if then the scroll works. (Don't know if it's the same for all toshiba laptops but if your laptop has the alps or something like that touchpad driver then install that one instead of synaptics)

3. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Beginner
    I downloaded the Toshiba Touchpad On/Off from the downloads section, but no success on restoring the scroll on the touchpad itself.

Any other suggestions, or perhaps a link to get the driver(s) back for it?

Message was edited by: crayz16

4. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Master
    > The first issue is with the volume control -- the scroll for the volume works fine, but the display bar does not show up on my screen indicating volume level. This is NOT a major issue at all, but I'd like to know if someone knows a solution to it. Maybe a missing .dll?

I donít know what OS you are using but the volume indicator is controlled by Toshiba Controls Utility. If you are using the vista then you should reinstall the VAP (value added package), if you are using the XP you should install the Common modules and Toshiba Controls.

Regarding the Touchpad scroll function;
    The driver page provides two touchpad drivers; Alps Electric and Synaptics. Both driver are important and should be installed!!!
    Furthermore you should check the touchpad configuration settings because the scrolling can be enabled and disabled and you should check everything is configured properly!

5. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Beginner
    hey i have a problem similar to that.

suddenly my touch pad stopped working. i reset everything 2 factory setings, bt still it didnt work..
    bt wen i use a USB mouse it works..
    it was working fine.. bt suddenly one day it stopped working.

do i have to replace my touch pad??? or is there any way i can fix it?

if so, where can i find a service manual for the A200 ? thanxx :):D

6. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Master
    *@ neon_white*
    I found this thread with your posting and it seems you didnít know that you can enable and disable the touchpad using the FN+F9 keys.
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums//thread.jspa?messageID=149589

Greetings!

7. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Beginner
    Well I myself only installed the ALPS and it's all working fine. When I installed the synaptics one the scroll didn't even work and I looked in the settings and didn't see anything to activate it plus the cursor speed was really slow even on max speed so I just uninstalled that one and stayed with ALPS.

8. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Beginner
    I installed the volume driver thing and it works again, thank you.

However, the scroll on my touchpad is NOT working at all still, and I installed both the ALPS and Synaptics. I may try just having the ALPS, but I am unfamiliar with uninstalling these drivers.

Can someone please help me, because I would also like to uninstall my Touchpad On/Off Driver thing that I downloaded.

**Edit -- I believe I figured it out. I can just run the install file again and it will uninstall...correct?

By the way, I tried running the setup for Synaptics and it only re-installed.

9. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Beginner
    Someone....?

please help?

10. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    If you want to uninstall the touchpad driver then please check firstly if an touchpad software appears in control panel -> software (or in Win XP add & remove programs)

There you should something like ALPS touchpad driver and Toshiba touchpad utility.
    Remove (uninstall) both!
    Then reboot the notebook and clean the OS using the CCLeaner (itís free, google for this)!

After OS and registry cleaning, download the both touchpad driver from the Toshiba European driver page and install it again!

Last but not leas you should check the touchpad settings after the driver installation.
    In control panel -> mouse -> device settigns you will find the touchpad options and there you could change the scrolling settigns as well.

bye

11. Re: Satellite A200 Touchpad Issue
    Beginner
    i had da same probleum as jayjay but _*FN + F9*_ did da magic for me