Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Need Satellite M70 Recovery disk

1. Need Satellite M70 Recovery disk
    Beginner
    Hi there,

every time a make a post the next day it is deleted..
    Could somebody tell me why..?

I need a recovery CD for my Satellite M70.
    Probably this question is asked before.. But i really need a help?

Jerry

2. Re: Need Satellite M70 Recovery disk
    Master
    If you need a Recovery disk then you would have to ask your ASP in your country for such disk.

In very rare cases you will be not able to order a Recovery disk if the notebook series is too old. In such case you will have to install the Windows OS using the Microsoft disk and then you could download and reinstall the Toshiba driver which you could find on the Toshiba European page.

Bye

3. Re: Need Satellite M70 Recovery disk
    Master
    As I can see this account is registered today. So I am asking myself how you can post something with not existing account?
    Do you have several different accounts here or what?

Anyway, for recovery media try with https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
    Satellite M70 is pretty old and I just hope this DVD can be ordered additionally.

4. Re: Need Satellite M70 Recovery disk
    Beginner
    *' As I can see this account is registered today. So I am asking myself how you can post something with not existing account?*
    *Do you have several different accounts here or what?'*

I allready had made a account yesterday and sunday my girlfriend did and both were deleted or ' lost ' the day after.
    So echt time / Yesterday and today i had (to) have created a new account

But to get back to my question i allready had checked Tosh if they had still had the recovery cd.. the answer was no...

I have here an original windows xp version but when I installed it, it didn't work .. only after i installed xp integreated with service pck 3 (english version) I was able to install Windows.. but I really want to have my own language because my English is not so good...

I understand that this is not a commercieel site, and offcourse i can download an illigal Windows an install it, but i want to do it legally beacause I love my Tosh and don't want any illegal crab on it.. ! ;) So maybe i was wondering if somebody here could help me obtaining the recovery disc..
    It would please me very much!

hahaha and what is old..? If I buy a car or a televison.. is it so old after four years..? ;)

Jerry

5. Re: Need Satellite M70 Recovery disk
    Master
    As I said above; the recovery disk cannot be ordered if the notebook series is too old…
    This seems to be true in your case…

Therefore you have to use an Microsoft disk and all the drivers are placed on the Toshiba page.

>I have here an original windows xp version but when I installed it, it didn't work .. only after i installed xp integreated with service pck 3 (english version) I was able to install Windows..

Maybe your Win XP does not contain the needed Win XP SP1 and SP2.... you can use the nLite software and could unculde the XP serivce packs using the nLite.