Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro U400 - sound control wheel stopped working

1. Satellite Pro U400 - sound control wheel stopped working
    Beginner
    The sound control wheel in my Satellite Pro U400 no more works properly since last month.

Now I have to use the volume bar in Vista to adjust it properly. When I try to decrease volume by rotating the wheel as I did before, it constantly raises the volume after decreasing it just a few percent. If I rotate it very very slow, sometimes it decreases the volume a bit but other times increases it. Also when I am in a word processor, rotating the wheel to the right inputs character "c"' on the screen.
    There is no problem when I try to increase the volume, it does its job.

Do you think it is related to hardware or can it be a driver problem or something. Is there a solution?

Thank you

2. Re: Satellite Pro U400 - sound control wheel stopped working
    Master
    Hi!

In your case I would install a newer sound driver. Look on the Toshiba website and check it:
    http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com => Support & Downloads => Download Drivers

I had this problem on an other Toshiba notebook too and after reinstalling with the recovery disk the problem was solved. I also tried to update drivers and so far but without success.

Bye

3. Re: Satellite Pro U400 - sound control wheel stopped working
    Beginner
    Thank you. It didn't solve the problem completely but it is working better now.c

4. Re: Satellite Pro U400 - sound control wheel stopped working
    Master
    Hi!

And what did you do to solve the problem?

Bye