Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?

1. Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?
    Beginner
    I have Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 (PSAE1E) with XP Pro.

I made a mistake and tried to upgrade Realtek audio drivers, now drivers work, but the Realtek HD Audio Panel doesn't show up, not in system tray nor in Control Panel folder.
    I contacted Realtek, they gave me a program that analyzed my HW and then they said my laptop is not supported, that I must ask the damn drivers from my laptops manufacturer, from Toshiba.

I tried those drivers that were at [Toshiba - Dowload drivers|http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp] page, but those didn't work neither.

So there's one thing I can do, if it's possible, how can I retrieve drivers from Toshiba recovery disks, without having to reinstall everything again?

2. Re: Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?
    Master
    Something like this is not possible. Recovery image is kind of package you cannot have single drivers.
    Have you tried to roll back OS (System restore) before you made this updates?

3. Re: Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?
    Hi Eros

I would recommend setting the OS back to the early time point.
    The OS should support the tool called system restore.

Check if you can roll back it!

4. Re: Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?
    Beginner
    System Recovery is disabled to save disk space. Can't roll back. Anything else?

5. Re: Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?
    Well, Realtek HD audio Manger is available on this A200.\
    I recommend removing the sound driver from the system again.
    Check also if there is an entry in Add & remove programs…

Uninstall the sound driver and then download one from the Realtek page…
    Try the same procedure with the Sound driver from the Toshiba driver page if the original Realtek driver will not help you.

6. Re: Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?
    Master
    To save disc space? Sorry but can you please tell me is this really worth to save a little bit free space on HDD but work with lower level of security.
    I think you are very familiar with PCs and operating systems and it will be interesting to hear your own opinion about this.

You don't have option to roll back OS to earlier time
    You cannot solve this with driver installation
    You cannot have drivers included in recovery image

What else you can do? Most radical solution and install OS again with recovery image?

7. Re: Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?
    Beginner
    Ahaa, I did it!
    I contacted a person who did a hard search and found me the working drivers.
    The point was, that european Toshiba support site su*ks a**, I downloaded Realtek's drivers from Canadian Toshiba site and everything works perfectly now.

And I wasted so much time here.... -.-

8. Re: Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?
    Beginner
    Got problems with drivers? Don't use european Toshiba drivers download page, use Canadian instead!!

9. Re: Satellite Pro A200: can I get drivers from preinstallation disks?
    Master
    I don’t know what problem you had with the Realtek driver from the European page but the point is that Realtek drivers are from Realtek company and all drivers should work properly. I tried the Realtek drivers from the European, Canadian, US and Realtek page… all the drivers work properly on my system…

You case seems to be very special… possibly some registry issue… who knows…. But important is that you solved this issue and that everything is working…

Thanks mate for this info!!