Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Does recovery disc deletes data on 2nd HDD on Satellite A300?

1. Does recovery disc deletes data on 2nd HDD on Satellite A300?
    Beginner
    Hi
    I'm using Toshiba A300 laptop which has 2 HDDs (250GB each). The laptop has Windows Vista Home 32-bits installed but I want to change to Windows Vista 64-bits, which comes with the recovery disc, in order to use all 4GB RAM.

I backup all data and move them to the 2nd HDD (named D, the first one named C).

Therefore, I wonder if the recovery wizard will delete data from both hard drives or just the 1st one.

Thanks in advance
    Kevin

2. Re: Does recovery disc deletes data on 2nd HDD on Satellite A300?
    Hi

Your notebook has been equipped with the HDD recovery option which allows you to create the own Toshiba recovery disk which would contains the preinstalled OS.
    In your case the Vista 32bit.

And yes, the installation from the Recovery disk formats the whole HDD and deletes everything from the HDD, also from second partition.

Therefore create the Recovery disk before you would install or change anything on the HDD

3. Re: Does recovery disc deletes data on 2nd HDD on Satellite A300?
    Master
    >Does recovery disc deletes data on 2nd HDD on Satellite A300?
    Answer is NO. I have A300 with 2 HDDs too. All data saved on second HDD will be there.