Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to create Recovery disk using installed Vista - Satellite L300-190

1. How to create Recovery disk using installed Vista - Satellite L300-190
    Beginner
    Can u please help me out.
    If i got the installed factory default windows vista, then how can i create the recovery disk, and also can i create the recover usb-disk , so that i would be able to boot my system with that usb?

And also if i m having another same model machine, then can i use its recovery disk in the other machine having same model and OS.???
    because right now I have two same toshiba machines model is Satellite L300-190.

Waiting for your response.

2. Re: How to create Recovery disk using installed Vista - Satellite L300-190
    Master
    I think this theme has been discussed a lot of time here in the forum.

You can create the Recovery disk using the Toshiba Recovery disk creator!
    This tool should be preinstalled on your notebook if the notebook has been equipped with the HDD recovery option.

You could also try to restore the notebook using the HDD recovery option.
    You have to press the F8 while notebook powering up and then have to choose the option called “Repair my Computer”. Then new window should open and there you could choose the Toshiba recovery.

If you are unable to use the both procedures (HDD recovery and Toshibas recovery disk) then you could order the new disk from here:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

That’s all

3. Re: How to create Recovery disk using installed Vista - Satellite L300-190
    Master
    Jimi is right. Toshiba has designed small toll that will help you to create recovery DVD. On the desktop you can find the shortcut for this tool. The name is - Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator.
    Start this tool and put empty media. I recommend you to use DVD-R. I’ve created recovery media on several different models successfully using DVD-R medias only.

Please don't use some cheap medias. Use high quality products like TDK or Verbatim.

Recovery USB disc cannot be created!

Theoretically you should be able to use this recovery DVD on two identical notebook models. check it out!