Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L30 PSL33E - How to access the Recovery partition

1. Satellite L30 PSL33E - How to access the Recovery partition
    Beginner
    Hi all,

I have an L30 (psl33e) which has the recovery partition in tact but I cannot find how to access it.

I don't recall a recovery CD and thought that holding zero or F10 down when powering the laptop on would allow me to recover the system.

If I need a recovery CD to access the partition then where do I obtain that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben

2. Re: Satellite L30 PSL33E - How to access the Recovery partition
    Master
    Hi

I think your Sat L30 was not equipped with the HDD recovery option and therefore there is no HDD recovery partition!

If your notebook would support the HDD recovery then it should be able to restore this notebook pressing the F8 button immediately after notebook has been powered up.
    Then you could choose the option “Repair my computer”.

But as I said above, I doubt this L30 would support this because as far as I know the Recovery disk should be delivered with the notebook.

If you don’t have a Recovery disk then try this website:
    https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

If you will be not able to order the disk using the website above then contact the ASP in your country for a Recovery DVD.

Bye

3. Re: Satellite L30 PSL33E - How to access the Recovery partition
    Master
    Hello Ben

If you have European notebook I am 99,9% sure that your notebook has no recovery partition. I mean partition where is saved Toshiba recovery image. What you can access is Vista recovery partition only.

Have you got recovery DVD with your notebook?