Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L350-170 will not reboot after HDD recovery cancelation

1. Satellite L350-170 will not reboot after HDD recovery cancelation
    Beginner
    I tried to restore to factory settings useing the hdd option but then change my mind so i click cancel button.
    It went back to the toshiba logo screen then a screen came on saying boot menu at the top and underneath it said i had to use restore disc to install operating system. But i did not make any.

Does this mean there is nothing on my hard drive?
    Anymore and that i have loast all my persoal data or is there any other way to restore with out the disc all so there was no indcation light for the hdd.

2. Re: Satellite L350-170 will not reboot after HDD recovery cancelation
    Master
    Hi

It looks like the boot master record was damage due to the starting the HDD recovery procedure.
    I think you can get the notebook working only using the HDD recovery procedure again.
    You have to press F8 after notebook powering up. Then choose “Repair my computer” and then choose “Toshiba recovery”.

Hopefully this will function…
    By the way; Why you didn’t create a Recovery disk? This is strongly recommended in case something would go wrong with your HDD.

3. Re: Satellite L350-170 will not reboot after HDD recovery cancelation
    Beginner
    Thanks for your reply
    I did press number 8 key and tried to reboot from hdd but it kept going back to the screen asking me to put recovery disc in .

Could you please tell me as its asking me for recovery disc to be installed does this mean there is no operating system in the hdd anymore and will all my personal data as been lost and would there be any way of getting my data back with out installing the recovery system.

4. Re: Satellite L350-170 will not reboot after HDD recovery cancelation
    Master
    The question is on which point you have interrupted recovery procedure.
    Has recovery procedure started or not?
    Have you stopped it before the message is shown that all data on HDD will be deleted?

Can you please describe me your steps to install OS using HDD recovery procedure?

The fact is that at the beginning of recovery procedure the whole HDD will be deleted and you will lose all your data. Sorry but after recovering you will not be able to have your data again.

5. Re: Satellite L350-170 will not reboot after HDD recovery cancelation
    Beginner
    I followed instructions for recovery from hdd i stop it when a the window with the progress of recovery and time left came on the screen.
    Will all data on the hdd have been wipe off at this stage and all so with it asking me now to put recovery disc in dose this mean there is no operating system on the hdd at all.