Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD

1. Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Beginner
    Hi

sorry for my English, Iím French.

I have purchased a Toshiba Sat A300-1fg and I have burn the dvd recovery before installed XP.

And now the first DVD can't be read correctly and I can't restore my notebook for sell it
    (the fan is too loud, media keys don't work with another player of wmp.... i'm not happy with this notebook)

I search anymore can be upload me a DVD copy please.

thx

Best regards

2. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Master
    Hi

Try to copy this Recovery DVD on other computer and then try to boot from the burned DVD.

By the way; The Media buttons can be use din WinAmp. You have to enable the option in WinAmp settings. The fan is not loud and cooling settings can be changed in Power Saver settings.
    These are some tiny tips ;)

3. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Beginner
    thx for winamp: it dosen't work and for power saver, select fan mini result slow performances.

i can't burn the dvd in another laptop because anyone have this in my friends it's for this i try an uploader

thx

Best regards

4. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Master
    I mean you should take your Recovery DVD to a friend and burn your first Recovery DVD second time on another DVD disk. Try different DVD manufacturers.
    Regarding an upload; donít think this is allowed here in this forum.

Regarding the WinAmp;
    Check this:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=138585

It worked on my and other users notebooks too.

5. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Beginner
    the winamp solution dosen't work for me (a300 laptop)

for dvd i can't take another a300 for burn dvd because my friends haven't this laptop

6. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Beginner
    Hi,
    he is telling you to take your damaged Recovery Disc to the computer of a friend and try to make a duplicate in a different disc.

Even if your current disc is damaged you +might+ be possible to make the a working duplicate if your friend's DVD reader tolerates disc's errors better than the notebook.

Your friend's computer brand doesn't matter, if it is a desktop computer doesn't matter either, because you will not run o create the disc there, you will only duplicate it.

By duplicating we don't mean copying the files to the hard drive and then burning them, we mean you have to make an image and burn that as an image.

If you will be using Nero and need help on that, this thread might help a bit to get you started (Sorry I couldn't fin a better one..)
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=89&threadID=162910&messageID=167234 8

Hope you can sort this out,
    cheers.
    (doesn't ma

7. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Beginner
    the dvd is unreable in any computer, i have my laptop: unreadable, 2 desktops: unreadable, 1 laptop toshiba l300: unreadable, un external dvdrw samsung: unreadable

the file corrupted is : 06645xsp3.swm

8. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Beginner
    the dvd is unreable in any computer, i have my laptop: unreadable, 2 desktops: unreadable, 1 laptop toshiba l300: unreadable, un external dvdrw samsung: unreadable

9. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Beginner

10. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Beginner

11. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Master
    Ok it is unreadable and we can understand it. The question is: have you any alternative solution?

In my opinion yes: if you want to sell this notebook, order original recovery media, pay 34 Euros and be happy.
    To be honest I am wondering why you didnít test created recovery media before you installed WXP. You know that something can go wrong.
    Oh yes: for ordering visit https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

Bye and good luck!

12. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Beginner
    Why should I pay when I have purchased my laptop, I have pay for an OS and I don't want pay again because I have already paid for my OS! Toshiba is not a best seller the previous series laptop Toshiba have the recovery CD included why not in this instant?

I don't want pay the service. I have already bought it!

13. Re: Satellite A300-1FG psag4e does not read Recovery DVD
    Master
    Nobody force you to buy original recovery media. Sell it without it.
    You can do what you want and to be honest I understand your point of view.

The fact is that notebook industry goes in this ďnewĒ direction and recovery images will be offered not as separate media but saved on HDD. When you start your notebook for the first time you can see the reminder with follow content:

*Important INFORMATION*

*Your system is equipped with hard disk recovery system. if you need to repair*
    *your computer by restoring it to original factory state, you can do it directly*
    *from harddisk (press F8 when you boot your computer, choose "Repair your computer"*
    *and follow the menue instructions) or create a bootable Recovery Disc Medium for this purpose.*

*Toshiba recommends you to create Recovery Disc Medium using the "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator"*
    *to ensure hat you are able to restore your computer to the original factory installed state, even if your*
    *computer gets seriously damaged.*

So you can see that Toshiba clearly inform you want can happen if you donít have the recovery media.
    What you will do now is just your decision.

Good luck!