Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P300D-10v shuts down unexpectedly

1. Satellite P300D-10v shuts down unexpectedly
    Beginner
    Hi everybody

I知 a new in this forums and I知 having some problems with my new Satellite P300D- 10v laptop.
    While playing games or during a 'hard' application my pc shuts down by itself after a few minutes and all this when power plan is set to high performance or balanced. So the only way to run my lap without the fear of shutting unexpectedly down is being in power saver plan something that reduces my pc's performance a lot. I知 running on Vista 32bit home basic, SP1.

Processor; amd turion 64x2 mobile technology tl-64 2.20 ghz
    RAM; 3,00GB
    directx 10
    Gpu; ATI mobility radeon HD 3650
    BIOS; (as written in dxdiag) ver.1.00PARTTBLv

PLEASE if anybody have the same problem with me or know any solutions for it or anything PLS PLS PLS let me know .

Chears
    Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Satellite P300D-10v shuts down
    Akuma
    Firstly, update the BIOS. You can get the latest BIOS from the Toshiba Website.

Secondly, check for dust in the heatsink. You can blow air into the vent to dislodge the dust. But if its really clogged, you may need an ASP to dismantle the laptop and remove the dust.

3. Re: Satellite P300D-10v shuts down
    Beginner
    hi Akuma
    thanks a lot for your answer. i really apriciate it.
    well...i did as you said. i get the latest update of the bios from toshiba. i cleaned my lap with compressed air first and then dissasembled it all and cleaned it better.?(it was really really clean insight though...)
    BUT unfortunatelly the problem still exist... so i made a research on the internet and i found out that most of toshiba owners have the same exactly problem with their laptop.
    well i quess this is a toshiba bug for many years now.its a relly nice lap, cool sound(the best in laptop ever) BUT......
    So i wanted to make a question. as i am still under warranty , can i return this laptop and get my money back or change it with a different one????
    if any body knows PLS let me know.
    chears
    thanks in advance

4. Re: Satellite P300D-10v shuts down
    Hi

> BUT unfortunately the problem still exist... so i made a research on the internet and i found out that most of Toshiba owners have the same exactly problem with their laptop. Well i guess this is a Toshiba bug for many years now
    Sorry buddy but I don稚 agree with you.
    The P300 is new on the market. It痴 one of the newest notebook series and it cannot be a bug for many years now.

Fact is that sometimes the notebooks shut down if the internal temperature is too high because the cooling modules are clogged due to the dust and debris!
    I doubt this is a reason for you shut downs because as I said the notebook is new and there shouldn稚 be an dust in the cooling grilles.

There is a lot of heat dissipation while gaming and therefore you should ensure that there is enough free space around the notebook. This is important for properly air circulation. Furthermore you should use such notebook on the table and not in bed, couch or on the knees.
    Additionally you should always use the graphic drivers from the Toshiba driver page because they are designed especially for the notebook usage and controls the GPU temperature!!!

However, if the issue will still persist I would recommend contacting the ASP in your country for a notebook check.

Good luck