Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?

1. Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Beginner
    *Where can you download the NB100 XP Drivers from?*

Toshiba seems to have neglected to put them on it's support web site.

I want to install my own copy of Windows XP so I can get around the 1GB memory limit - but I can't find the drivers.

I think I will return this laptop if I can't get hold of the drivers as it is useless to me with a 1GB limit...

2. Re: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Beginner
    I thought this netbook's memory capacity was up to 2GB?

By the way there is a folder called Toshiba Drivers and Apps I think and it has all the XP drivers in there.

Message was edited by: notageek

3. Re: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Beginner
    Thanks, I'll take a look for that folder.

I would still like to be able to download the latest drivers that have been released since the laptop was manufactured.

And there is a 1GB memory limit on XP supplied with Netbooks. This restriction is software-based and created by Microsoft in order for Netbook makers to get a cheap copy of XP, rather than pushing Vista.

If you install your own original copy of XP it should remove this soft-limit and let you use all 2GB if you install it.

4. Re: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Beginner
    Does anyone from Toshiba read these forums, or is that too much to ask?

5. Re: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Hi

I doubt you will find here someone from Toshiba. It’s a user to user forum. You know?
    I presume the XP drivers are not available for this notebook at this time because it’s a new series…. Maybe we have to wait until the drivers will be available…. we’ll see…

6. Re: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Beginner
    As you will see by the Toshiba website on the NB100 specifications, the maximum amount of memory is 1GB.

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/series/Toshiba-NB100-Series/1058021/

As the name suggests, it is a netbook, not a notebook, so i think you will agree 1GB is enough to use it for its purpose and if you have actually used one, it is a well built and quite quick machine compared to other brands of netbook on the market.

7. Re: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Beginner
    It is very poor that Toshiba won't step in where the users don't have an answer.

It's fine to have the users do Toshiba's work for them if they know the answer, but I'm asking a question that only Toshiba know the answer to. And they don't have any means to contact them over the Internet, that I can find. Incredible!

8. Re: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Beginner
    Yes, the specifications say the maximum memory is 1GB, but they don't go into the details.

The maximum memory you can fit to an Intel Atom based motherboard is 2GB.

The 1GB restriction is only software-based. It is built into the copy of XP that manufacturers are forced to supply with Netbook PCs.

If you install your own legal copy of XP then it bypasses this 1GB limit.

9. Re: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Beginner
    Hello

I have a little problem and one question.
    Suddenly when I was updating XP the wireless network stopped to work. It does not find any networks. Maybe it is the software ConfigFree that disables my wireless network

You are mentioning something about just supporting 1GB of RAM. But where I have bought the computer they say that it supports max 2GB.

"+Installerad storlek 1 GB / 2 GB (max)+"
    http://www.inwarehouse.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=381321&view=detailed#ProductTabs

The good thing was that they told me that it is two slots available for the RAM so I needed just to by one more GB of RAM. But they where wrong and now they send me 2 GB RAM instead. Free of charge of course. ;)

/Danne

10. Re: Netbook NB100 - Where to find XP drivers?
    Beginner
    Found this thread quite easily while searching google for drivers.

Took me a little longer to find the drivers [here:|http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp]

Hope this is useful for others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast