Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A300-1G5: Keyboard and touchpad do not work

1. Satellite A300-1G5: Keyboard and touchpad do not work
    Beginner
    I have problem with keyboard and touchpad. Laptop is Satellite A300-1G5

I have Vista home premium and when I power computer on, I must put password in user box then my keyboard and touchpad don't work.

In Bios my keyboard working but when Vista starts it does not.

How I solve this problem?

Thanks!

2. Re: Satellite A300-1G5: Keyboard and touchpad do not work
    Master
    Hi

First of all please check the device status in the device manager.
    Please check if the keyboard and touchpad are listed correctly without any yellow exclamation marks.

But you should try to reinstall the drivers again even though the keyboard and the touchpad were recognized properly.
    In this case I would recommend removing the keyboard and the touchpad from the device manager and then you should reboot the notebook once again.

After Vista has rebooted the both devices should be recognized again and should work.

Please check this!

3. Re: Satellite A300-1G5: Keyboard and touchpad do not work
    Beginner
    Hi!

In device menager for keyboard and touchpad say: windows cannot load device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corypted or mising. (code 39)
    Are you think to uninstal drivers and install agan?I don't have driver cd.

Message was edited by: besho_1

4. Re: Satellite A300-1G5: Keyboard and touchpad do not work
    Master
    Usually the driver installation should helps.
    But the problem is that the keyboard driver is a part of the Windows system and you cannot install it like touchpad driver or graphic driver.
    The keyboard driver is from Microsoft and as I said itís included in Windows.

So I think the OS is muddled up and maybe you should try to reinstall it again!!!