Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satelite Pro P300: TOSHIBA Recovery Disk Creator error

1. Satelite Pro P300: TOSHIBA Recovery Disk Creator error
    Beginner
    Hi,

Having just got my P300, i tried to create a backup using the TOSHIBA Recovery Disk Creator.
    Having inserted a 4.7GB disk into the DVD drive, and backing up, when it was verifing, a message popped up saying:

"Failed to read the following file:

F:\blahblahblah
    Error code: Blahblahblah
    Failed to create Recovery DVD 1"

It is clear to me that there wasn't enough memory on the disk for it to complete. The disk size had also shrunk by about 0.5GB.

My main question is:
    Do you need to use a DVD-R disk, or a DVD+R disk? Also, is a panasonic disk the best type of disk to use?

Please help.
    Thanks, JoeC.

2. Re: Satelite Pro P300: TOSHIBA Recovery Disk Creator error
    Akuma
    It looks like Verify failed.

Ensure you are using a decent brand-name disc. TDK are good.

The cheap discs use cheap dyes, and have problems with some drives, and dont last long.

3. Re: Satelite Pro P300: TOSHIBA Recovery Disk Creator error
    Master
    I agree with Akuma.

The compatibility issue between the DVD and the CD/DVD burner could cause this error.
    A friend of mine had a similar problem. He tested two different DVD brands and both were not fully compatible…

After the usage of DVD-R from TDK he could burn the image and could create the Recovery DVD.

Therefore it would be advisable to test different medias in order to solve this issue.

Bye & Good luck

4. Re: Satelite Pro P300: TOSHIBA Recovery Disk Creator error
    Beginner
    yeah, the Verify failed.

I was using a Panasonic DVD-R 4.7GB, but when it was in the drive, it said it was only 4.37GB Why??

OK i'll try using TDK disks next time.

Thanks, JoeC