Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot

1. Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot
    Beginner
    Hi.

My Sat M30 laptop start with an bios error. The error says "Resource conflict, edit bios setting or boot" If select "boot" computer hangs before windows completely starts. I remove the wi-fi and the modem module and the same error appears. I can't upgrade the bios because the windows don't start. The bios version is 1.7. The laptop is UK version. If select "edit bios", bios start but I can't find any resource management.

Thanks

(sorry for my english, I am from Spain)

2. Re: Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot
    Master
    Hi

I think the error “edit bios setting” means that you should access the BIOS and should set the BIOS back to the default settings.

Please do this, save the settings and try to boot up!

3. Re: Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot
    Beginner
    Thanks. But this is the first thing I try and can't solve the problem.

4. Re: Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot
    Master
    Can you please tell me why you have removed WLAN card and the modem?
    How you come across this idea?

5. Re: Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot
    Beginner
    Some times, Resource conflict, are conflict between hardware.
    The modem and wi-fi modules are the only ones can be removed. The LAN, Graphics Card, Sound, and other are fixed to the motherboard.

6. Re: Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot
    Master
    And what is with RAM, HDD or ODD?
    And what you think if there is some conflict between hardware that cannot be removed from the mainboard? That means mainboard replacement.

Is there some message like:
    “Resource Conflict - XXX Controller
    Bus:02, Device:06, Fuction:00"
    Press F1 to resume" ?

7. Re: Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot
    Beginner
    The RAM, HDD and ODD is OK.
    I take and replace all this components from another working laptop.

I think is some issues with the mainboard.
    But who is the problem??

I can't change the mainborad for this error.
    There has to be a more easy solution.

Thanks Mores.

8. Re: Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot
    Beginner
    Problem Solved!!! When windows xp starts I see in the Device manager that the fireware have a resource conflict. This help me to find the problem. I can't manage the resource from the bios, and can't deactivate the fireware either. Then I remove the fireware chip from the motherboard. Like I not use the fireware I decide to weld the chip.

See the pictures
    This is the original error
    Link:[http://usuarios.lycos.es/iphoneservices/05.jpg]

And this is the chip that I remove
    Link:[http://usuarios.lycos.es/iphoneservices/06.jpg]
    Link:[http://usuarios.lycos.es/iphoneservices/08.jpg]

Thanks very much for all.