Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L300D-12I: Power calibration error whilst creating Recovery Discs

1. Satellite L300D-12I: Power calibration error whilst creating Recovery Discs
    Beginner
    I have a Satellite L300D-12I laptop & keep getting a 'power calibration error' when trying to create the Toshiba recovery discs. Does anybody have any ideas how to get over this?

2. Re: Power calibration error whilst creating Recovery Discs
    Akuma
    I have seen this problem on my previous laptop.

It can be caused by:

* Bad quality CD/DVD media. Use good quality brands such as TDK.
    * Burning too fast, lower the burn speed.
    * Worn laser, replace the DVD drive.

3. Re: Power calibration error whilst creating Recovery Discs
    Beginner
    The laptop is new so I would hope there is not a problem with the dvd drive!
    I have adjusted the write speed to the slowest & the problem still occurred.
    Admittedly I am not using 'name' discs so will give that a try.

4. Re: Satellite L300D-12I: Power calibration error whilst creating Recovery D
    Hello

I have created recovery DVD on my P300 yesterday and everything works well. Use Verbatim or TDK medias. For me they are the best. Do not use some cheap no-name medias.

5. Re: Satellite L300D-12I: Power calibration error whilst creating Recovery Discs
    Beginner
    OK - have now tried with verbatim DVD+R disc & still get the same result!
    Do you think there is a problem with the DVD drive??

6. Re: Satellite L300D-12I: Power calibration error whilst creating Recovery Discs
    Master
    Power calibration error appears mostly if the laser lens cannot calibrate (move) in the right position and cannot handle the inserted disk.

In most cases the ODD must be replaced. :(

I don’t know why it happened on your L300 but I hope your warranty is valid…
    Therefore contact the ASP as fast as possible and ask for the check!

7. Re: Satellite L300D-12I: Power calibration error whilst creating Recovery Discs
    Beginner
    Thanks. We have only had it a week so will be returning to Comet ASAP!!