Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra M2 - battery meter/ battery life problem

1. Tecra M2 - battery meter/ battery life problem
    Beginner
    When running on the battery, at the start it suggests some 3 hours of life with 100%, but after less than an hour the system suddenly goes into standby.

I get no "low level" warning any more. The Toshiba Power Saver actions are set up to alarm at 20% and go to standby at 10%. This matches the settings under control panel / power options.
    I tried a new battery but the symptoms are exactly the same.

Any ideas?

2. Re: Tecra M2 - battery meter/ battery life problem
    tabbycat
    Nothing immediately springs to mind, but I have a few questions which may help to elicit more information:

- Do you need to plug the M2 in to the charger to make it come out of Standby?
    - What happens when you come out of Standby? Does it indicate near 0% of some other value?
    - Does it recover from Standby or has it lost any BIOS settings (e.g.) wrong timedate?

Might be worth checking to see if you did anything prior to the problem which may be a factor.

3. Re: Tecra M2 - battery meter/ battery life problem
    Beginner
    I got exactly the same problem with my Satellite. Did you find any help so far? Would help me much, too. Thx
    Kily

4. Re: Tecra M2 - battery meter/ battery life problem
    Master
    Hi

During the notebook usage the battery loses the own performanceÖ after long time of usage your battery will show that itís fully charged but it will lose the own power much faster. This is nothing unusual and will happen sooner or later.

My battery is about 5 years old and it shows itís 100% charged but it lasts for about 2min and then itís fully empty.
    In such cases only the new battery can solve this issue

5. Re: Tecra M2 - battery meter/ battery life problem
    Beginner
    Kily,
    Sorry, no joy. I got an M9 to replace it,

6. Re: Tecra M2 - battery meter/ battery life problem
    Master
    > I get no "low level" warning any more. The Toshiba Power Saver actions are set up to alarm at 20% and go to standby at 10%. This matches the settings under control panel / power options.

Update the BIOS from the Toshiba European driver page.
    Furthermore I would recommend changing these power settings in the Vistas power options and to test if it will happen again using different values on power options