Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How manually create Recovery DVD of Satellite A300

1. How manually create Recovery DVD of Satellite A300
    Beginner
    Hello to everyone!!

My cousin interrupted the first boot of Vista, resulting in an constant error while powering up the laptop (saying something about disconnecting a camera or a media player). I decided to perform a clean install of Vista Home Pre and everything rolled ok.

I have a back up of the HDD Recovery Folder and tried to burn a DVD using as prototype my recovery dvd (A200-1J0) which prooved non-bootable.
    So, I would like to know whether it is possible to make a recovery dvd manually (meaning without the wizard mentioned in the user manuals) for the Toshiba A300-17N laptop.

2. Re: How manually create Recovery DVD of Satellite A300
    Beginner
    Something like this is not possible. If the HDDRecovery folder still exists on second partition please start your notebook and press F8 for advanced boot option. Use first option on the top for computer repair. Follow the menu und choose option for Toshiba HDD recovery.

Install OS again and create recovery DVD using preinstalled Toshiba tool.