Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P25-S607 - How can I get a Recovery XP MCE CD

1. Satellite P25-S607 - How can I get a Recovery XP MCE CD
    Beginner
    Hello
    I have a Satellite P25-S607.
    On the Backside is a License Sticker for Win XP MCE.
    The HDD-Drive was broken, and I did not get the orginal CD with the computer.

Is there a possibility to get a replacement.
    I think that It will be a OEM-Version.

2. Re: Satellite P25-S607 - How can I get a Recovery XP MCE CD
    Usually the local ASP could help you.
    Contact the guys and try to order the Toshiba Recovery CD for your notebook model.

Best regards

3. Re: Satellite P25-S607 - How can I get a Recovery XP MCE CD
    Master
    Hi

Iíve heard that it can be problematic to obtain recovery media for older notebook models but you can try it by authorized service provider in your country. Other way, you do not need it at all. You can use Microsoft installations CD to install operating system.
    All necessary drivers, tools and utilities you can find on Toshiba support page.

If you have an US notebook model use please http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp page.

Bye

4. Re: Satellite P25-S607 - How can I get a Recovery XP MCE CD
    Beginner
    Hello
    I know this, but I do not have a XP MCE CD and the XP Professional SP2 does not work with the key of XP MCE (I tried it).
    The stuff with all the Drivers I already knew.
    I contactet my local dealer and he told me, that it would be legal to use any copy of a original, because I do have the License.
    But I know nobody who has one.
    Now I wrote an e-mail to info-computer@toshiba.de and asked them for help. So I am waiting for their answer.
    When I have got the solution, I will post it here.

Thank you, Bye