Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P200-1EE 100% CPU usage due to Toshiba Flash Cards

1. Satellite P200-1EE 100% CPU usage due to Toshiba Flash Cards
    Beginner
    Resource Monitor shows 100% CPU usage constantly in recent weeks (not a problem for the first 6 months that i owned the machine) with 85-99% of my CPU being used on 2 entries each shown as "Toshiba Flash Cards", any idea why, and how I can sort this out as it slows everything down? many thanks

Andy

2. Re: Satellite P200-1EE 100% CPU usage due to Toshiba Flash Cards
    Are the correct ATI/nVidia graphics drivers installed? Make sure the Graphics card is not using standard VGA drivers in Device Manager.

Also try this:

1) uninstall the Toshiba Value Added Package in Control Panel -> Programs and features
    2) Download and install the latest TVAP from the Toshiba Drivers/Support Website
    3) Reboot.

3. Re: Satellite P200-1EE 100% CPU usage due to Toshiba Flash Cards
    Master
    Hi

The Toshiba Flash Card Utility is a part of the Toshiba Vista value added package and it controls the FN buttons functionality.
    As kody already said it would be advisable to reinstall the VAP to check if this would stop the high CPU usage.

You should also clean the OS using the CCLeaner. After VAP removing you should run the CCLeaner to ensure that all VAP files were deleted.

Bye

4. Re: Satellite P200-1EE 100% CPU usage due to Toshiba Flash Cards
    Enthusiast
    TVAP is one of the most worst hugriest Resource application available, I suggest well doing all the above, if that doesn't work then do a recovery or even better a clean Install.