Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to bypass the bios password on a Tecra M9

1. How to bypass the bios password on a Tecra M9
    Beginner
    I have toshiba M9, when i start it up it asks me for password which I forgot. is there anyhow to clear bios password, i have tried to press ESC then F1 to go to BIOS change some configuration but couldnt I even tried F12 but nothing happened it still ask me for password.
    please can you help me with this issue
    thank you

2. Re: How to bypass the bios password on a Tecra M9
    Beginner
    My friend has an M5 and forgot the password, he had to bring the laptop to a service center to get the password removed. Apparently that is the only way to remove the password. I would assume the M9 is the same.

3. Re: How to bypass the bios password on a Tecra M9
    Enthusiast
    The only way to clear a BIOS password (if you don't know it) is to get a tech to do this for you at an ASP.

4. Re: How to bypass the bios password on a Tecra M9
    Hello

If you get your notebook by your company ask people responsible for your internal IT support how to access BIOS settings. If this notebook belongs to you contact ASP and they can help you. You alone cannot delete BIOS password. It is pretty complicated procedure that needs contact between local ASP and Toshiba central office.