Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P200-1JV: Toshiba DVD player issue - Unable to output the video..

1. Satellite P200-1JV: Toshiba DVD player issue - Unable to output the video..
    Beginner
    Hi

I've just registered so forgive me if I've posted this question in the wrong place.

I have a Satellite P200-1jv and I could play dvd's on it no problem. Now when i try to play a dvd using the Toshiba player I get a message coming up that states +*Unable to output the video to an external device. Please switch your display device by pressing the Fn +F5 keys after ending this application+*

I try this and lcd comes up but never changes. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Stretchmo

2. Re: Satellite P200-1JV: Toshiba DVD player issue - Unable to output the video..
    Hi

I think I can help you and I found a solution.

I reminded this issue and searched a little bit here in the forum and found this thread:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=114726&#114726

Jack Black posted a link to the Toshiba document which describes exactly this issue and provides a solution.

The issue can be solved by updating of Realtek Audio Driver.
    You could download the newest sound driver from the Realtek website and could reinstall it.

Regards

3. Re: Satellite P200-1JV: Toshiba DVD player issue - Unable to output the video..
    Beginner
    Thanks very much. Problem solved.

Stretchmo

4. Re: Satellite P200-1JV: Toshiba DVD player issue - Unable to output the video..
    Beginner
    Thank You