Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100-692 PSAA9E: What is the max memory

1. Satellite A100-692 PSAA9E: What is the max memory
    Beginner
    Can someone tell me how much memory I can put into my notebook "A100-692 PSAA9E"?

On the Internet there are pages which state that 4GB is the max memory amount, whereas the handbook says that 2GB is the max amount (The handbook seems to be made for a group of different notebooks and also states
    that my notebook should have a GForce but it has an ATI GFX card).

If 4GB is the max amount, can I go with the following memory constellation?:

2GB Stick Port 1
    512 MB Stick Port 2

Also can I use DDR2-667Mhz Ram instead of 533Mhz Ram and and/or a mixture of these?

Regards

R4DIUM

2. Re: Satellite A100-692 PSAA9E: What is the max memory
    Enthusiast
    Besides the internt pages I think you really can only use a maximum of 2GB, as the biggest official memory module is only a 1GB one.
    Anyway, more than 4GB are useless if you dont't use a 64Bit operating system.

I would suggest that you use 2x1024GB 533mhz modules.

Mixture of 533 and 677 might work but wouldn't risk any incompatibility issues.

3. Re: Satellite A100-692 PSAA9E: What is the max memory
    Beginner
    Be aware that the webpage I found the 4GB hint was an official Toshiba Webpage:
    http://de.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/generic_content.jsp?service=DE&ID=SATELLITE_A100

OK, 2x1GB if you are right.

Can someone else please comment on the handbook - webpage disambiguity?

Regards

R4DIUM

4. Re: Satellite A100-692 PSAA9E: What is the max memory
    What chipset does the Satellite A100-692 supports?
    If itís a Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset then it would support the 4GB RAM

Here the details on the Intel page;
    [Intel 945PM Express Chipset |http://www.intel.com/products/notebook/chipsets/945pm/945pm-overview.htm]

But the point is that there are different A100 notebooks with different hardware specifications and therefore there are different informations regarding the possible RAM upgrades.

However, I think you will be not able to use the full 4GB RAM due to the Win 32 bit limitations. The 32bit OS can use max 3.2GB

Best regards

5. Re: Satellite A100-692 PSAA9E: What is the max memory
    Beginner
    As far as I know it has Intel 945PM Express Chipset(see spec below).
    Please note that ca. 3,3 GB would be sufficient for me.

I just like to know what RAM-Blocks I can use with my notebook,
    but I can't even figure out what chipset my notebook has due to the same problem I have with RAM.

It's confusing, the following specification says it supports 4GB:
    [Satellite A100-692 Modell Nr. : PSAA9E-09900QGR |http://de.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=DE&Model=117672 &Serie=111510&Family=2326&x=115&y=10&Type=2319&ACT ION=SHOW_ATTRIBUTES&PRODUCT_ID=117672#0]

But Toshiba only lists 2x1GB as memory extension on it's extensions website:

Moreover the chipset specs from intel says it also supports 677 Mhz Ram Modules - now I am totally confused.

Regards
    R4DIUM

6. Re: Satellite A100-692 PSAA9E: What is the max memory
    Hi

You could use DDR2 533MHz (PC2-4200) 200-PIN SODIMM modules.
    If you want you could try to put 1x 1GB RAM and 1x 2GB RAM module.

Itís no matter what manufacture it is; important are the module specifications

7. Re: Satellite A100-692 PSAA9E: What is the max memory
    Beginner
    According to Toshiba Service I can use a max of 4GB.
    So you are right Black Jack,

Thx all of you

Regards

R4DIUM

Message was edited by: R4DIUM

Message was edited by: R4DIUM