Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400 - Need UJ-842S DVD drive firmware

1. Portege M400 - Need UJ-842S DVD drive firmware
    Beginner
    Hi,

I messed with my DVD Drive firmware, can anyone point me to some direction where can I download Mat****a *UJ-842S* DVD RAM firmware (Toshiba OEM)?

Thanks in advance

deniz

2. Re: Portege M400 DVD drive firmware
    Beginner
    Nothing on the Toshiba download page. Have you tried google already?

And what have you done that you messed up firmware of your DVD drive?

3. Re: Portege M400 DVD drive firmware
    Beginner
    Thanks for the answer,

I messed with it when i tried to flash it with newer firmware OEM version from another manufacturer :)

Now I get an "select bay error" when I try to boost my laptop, Drive works but as I know it is some kinda Slave/Master Issue which is set by firmware.

I need original firmware somehow, my local repair center cannot help, so I am trying my chance in community :)

thanks in advance

deniz

4. Re: Portege M400 DVD drive firmware
    Master
    Hi

I wonder why someone tries to flash the drives firmware with an incompatible one ?:| That’s really strange….

Anyway… it looks not good buddy… in my eyes you’ve damage the drives settings which makes the drive unusable.

Fact is that Toshiba driver page doesn’t provide a firmware which could help you to flash the settings back… to be honest I don’t think that you will be able to find an compatible one it it’s not available on Toshiba website…

I think you last option could be the Toshiba authorized service provider in your country.
    Maybe an authorized technician would be able to bring the drives back to life…

good luck

5. Re: Portege M400 DVD drive firmware
    Beginner
    Hey

Actually it is not incompatible but settings (slave/master) are different, and it is newer version of firmware thats has better media support.

Anyway I am still waiting answer to my mails from Toshiba and the other manufacturer and in the mean time trying to patch firmware on my own :(

Thanks for you guidance and answers.

By the way: authorized service provider is no option. Probably they will offer me to change the drive

thanks

deniz

6. Re: Portege M400 DVD drive firmware
    Beginner
    Hi Deniz

I was looking for a firmware for my UJ-842S and I found a new one which is intended to be for the Sony Vaio hard drives. Is that was you used to flash yours?
    If not did you manage to get it back?

Let me know,

cheers
    nick