Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to access the BIOS on Portege 3010ct

1. How to access the BIOS on Portege 3010ct
    Beginner
    I have a Portege 3010ct.
    When i got it, it had Windows 98 installed on it but i wanted to put Linux on it so i could learn that.

So i tried getting into the Bios to make it boot from my CD but couldn't get into the Bios or really do anything. So in a final attempt i reformatted the hdd.

Now i can't get into anything.
    Can anyone help?

I tried every button i thought might get me into the Bios and even tried hitting all of them, no one can seem to get me into it.

2. Re: How to access the BIOS on Portege 3010ct
    Master
    Hi

To access the BIOS you should use and press the “ESC” button immediately after Portege was power up.

But as I understood you right, you want to boot from the internal CD/DVD drive.

Well, you could also try to press the “C” button.
    This would enable the booting from the ODD.

Furthermore pressing F12 button would allows you to enable the boot menu on the screen.
    Then choose the CD/DVD drive to boot from CD .

Check it out

3. Re: How to access the BIOS on Portege 3010ct
    Enthusiast
    Hi,

to access the bios settings on a 3010 you need the fdd-drive and a diskette with the DOS setup-programs

you can download these files on the toshiba website and copy them to a w98-bootable diskette

follow this link :http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlViewDL.jsp?soid=106115&moid=1073769632&rp n=PAP301U&BV_SessionID=@@@@1833860978.1216305944@@ @@&BV_EngineID=ccccadeejfkgfejcgfkceghdgngdgmm.0&c t=DL&all_docs=false

your 3010 will boot automatically from the fdd, then start the "tsetup" program and you can access the bios settings

you can also download a w98-bootdiskette to start from the CD-drive ; btw it will only work with the original ( freecom ) pcmcia-CD-rom drive