Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?

1. How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    Beginner
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone is going to be able to help me with this:

I keep geting an error message with a miss componant on it telling me to reinstall my built in webcam but i don't know how and i can't find anything on the Toshiba website?
    All drivers software are up todate.
    Its driving me nuts now. I'm using Windows Vista and laptop is a EQUIUM L350.

SO GREATFUL IF SOME1 CAN HELP ME OUT!!!

2. Re: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    Enthusiast
    A lot of this wecam issues are solved by installing the latest Service Pack for Windows Vista, SP1.

And keep a check on your Vista updates. Always install the recent ones.
    By the way, when do you get this message, I mean, is it caused by a specific program or is it a standard windows pop-up?

3. Re: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    Beginner
    HI, thanks for reply!

All my updates are r installed i did this yesterday and just double checked that r.

i get this error message every time i switch my laptop on so its a standard windows pop up, this is what it says : Miss Component.'CEC_MAIN.exe' Please reinstall this programe!

I cant find nothing on toshibas website! some 1 on another website told me to down load the software drivers but i dont know where to find these and which ones they r, and if they are zip folders then im well and truely stuck, im not brill on a pc but im ok, i can follow simple instructions!

do u or anyone know what to next? i really want my webcam working!!!!!!

REGARDS from a very _desperate person_ (LOL) x

4. Re: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    Hi Victoria (by the way, nice name ;) )

I would recommend you to remove the old webcam driver from the Vista OS.
    Then visit the Toshiba European driver page (http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com -> Support & Download -> Download Drivers) choose your notebook model and download the Chicony webcam driver.
    Then reinstall it.

I don’t know why you’ve got such webcam issues but mostly an new driver reinstallation would fix it.

5. Re: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    Beginner
    Well thankyou!.lol

ok, i need idiot proof instructions...lol how do i remove the old webcam driver from vista OS? and what is vista OS?...lol u lot must think im so thick!!!

step by step instruction would be very greatful if u have the +time+ to spare for me! x

6. Re: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    Well Vik… seems you are completely a newbie ;)

Vista OS (Operating system) this is the “thing” which was installed on your notebook (or maybe it’s Windows XP??)

If Vista was installed then you can remove the “old” webcam driver (software) using these steps;

- go to control panel -> programs & functions
    - now you will get a list of installed software.
    - choose the webcam software (camera assist software)
    - choose remove or change
    - and then “remove program”

After this short procedure reboot the notebook.
    Download the webcam software (driver) as mentioned in my first posting, unzip it and install it again.

7. Re: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    Beginner
    Ive just looked at the link u sent me and noticed the downloads for drivers are *zip* folders, i dont know how to do these???? LOL

8. Re: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    You need 3rd party applications like WinRAR or WinZip to unpack the zipped folders.
    Google simply!!! Then you will find answers for most of your “common” questions ;)

9. Re: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    Beginner
    ok thanks im gonna try all this tonight!!!

i will keep u posted, please keep coming back and checking post, i may still need ur assistance...lol but thanks for ur help so far!!! i just hope it works.... x

10. Re: How do i reinstall built in webcam on Equium L350?
    Beginner
    OK, ive tried to remove old cam driver but an error message comes up, heres what it says: The following error occurred on the file 'C:\Program files\camera assisstant software for Toshiba\CEC_MAIN.EXE'.
    Access is denied.
    (0x5)

Whats going on??? ive never come across this problem before! Any Answers???? *PURRRLEASE*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast