Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro A200: XP + Vista installed/dual boot possible?

1. Satellite Pro A200: XP + Vista installed/dual boot possible?
    Beginner
    Hi,

I am not sure if I am right here at XP OS but I post it as it is OS related.

My Satellite Pro A200 (PSAE7) runs smoothly with XP but I want to create a sandbox (partition) for/with Vista.

Basically I know that it is possible to run XP and Vista on one system. *But*, Satellite Pro A200 notebooks are shipped with a BIOS for XP and one for Vista and with information that you have to install the correct one. For me this means that you have to install BIOS for XP when running XP and BIOS for Vista when running Vista.

Question:
    Is it possible to install Vista on a Satellite Pro A200 with XP as main OS and having so XP BIOS installed?
    Boot loader would be Acronis OSS as this loader already manage my two XP partitions.

Many thanks for any information!

Best regards,
    Andreas

2. Re: Satellite Pro A200: XP + Vista installed/dual boot possible?
    Master
    Hi

In my opinion there are no serious reasons why you shouldnít be able to use Xp and Vista on your Satellite Pro A200.

OkÖ there are different BIOS for Vista 64bit, 32bit and Win XP but your Vista should run also using the BIOS for Win XP.

Iíve got other Satellite notebook series and Iím able to use XP and Vista at the same time. I mean Iíve got a choice to boot either the XP or Vista ;) and Iím still using the old BIOS version.
    OkÖ some functions are not available like FN keys but this is not very important for me.

Well, to cut this story I think you can use Vista and XP without changing the BIOS ;)

3. Re: Satellite Pro A200: XP + Vista installed/dual boot possible?
    Beginner
    R2D2,

Thanks for your reply! I will try to install Vista and will give feedback about how it was or if it works.

Thx,
    Andreas