Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satelite L40-17U: Sata driver WinXP

1. Satelite L40-17U: Sata driver WinXP
    Beginner
    This problem isn't that hard to fix but I'm searching for the driver but I can't seem to find it. And don't tell me to go to the drivers download page for my L40-17U because I was there and you just don't get the driver I'm looking for there.
    Every driver else I do get there. So help me through this problem please. I formatted my laptop which had vista home basic on because I want to install XP Pro.
    Now the trick is my laptop says "hard drive not found" I know how to solve the problem. Here is the method(you need a Windows XP CD, Sata driver for your laptop for XP, the program nlite and a clean CD):
    Take a Windows XP CD and use the program nlite to slipstream the sata driver + XP files from the origional XP CD to the clean CD.
    The process is not that difficult but you need all the software and drivers for your laptop for Windows XP. The driver I'm struggling to get is the sata driver. Can anyone help me find out where to get the sata dirver for my L40-17U please?

Here are the specifications for my Laptop neede to get the sata driver for xp:
    model no: PSL48E-02P031ZA
    cpu: Dual-Core T2330 1.6 GHz

If U need any more information please let me know and I'll provide it.

Message was edited by: chvw1987

2. Re: Satelite L40-17U: Sata driver WinXP
    Enthusiast
    For WinXP installation you need to integrate SATA drivers into your WinXP CD using nlite or you could use an external USB floppy disk drive, for this two methods please use forum search.

The SATA drivers you can find in the Intel Matrix storage manager package at this place: http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com (Support & Downloads)

I'm sure this should help you to install your operating system.

3. Re: Satelite L40-17U: Sata driver WinXP
    Master
    >And don't tell me to go to the drivers download page for my L40-17U because I was there and you just don't get the driver I'm looking for there.

I don’t believe that you know what you are talking about.
    I’ve visited the Toshiba European driver page and yes I checked the L40 PSL48E download area and YES I found the necessary SATA driver!

The Intel Storage Manager contains the needed SATA driver!

As you suggested you can create a new Win XP CD and could include the SATA driver to this page using the nLite.
    It’s not complicated and runs smoothly…

Would recommend checking this

4. Re: Satelite L40-17U: Sata driver WinXP
    Beginner
    Hello

I just wanted to say I have this problem too.
    I have nLite XP CD and the SATA driver but I don’t know how to use nLite to put them together.

Could you please help me.

5. Re: Satelite L40-17U: Sata driver WinXP
    Master
    Hi

Did you hear about a invention called “Google”??

I just googled for “How to use nLite” and got 91.500 hits…

But maybe this Toshiba knowledge document would be helpful too:

[How to integrate a SATA AHCI driver in a Windows XP Setup CD|http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB85017Z0000R01.htm]

By the way; this document was also posted various times here in the forum!!!

Greets