Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Bluetooth installation issues

1. Bluetooth installation issues
    Beginner
    Hi

I am having some very frustrating BT installation issues. I Have a Satellite Pro P200 with Vista installed which has been working fine since January. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my mobile phone to one that has Bluetooth and so for the first time I have set up a Bluetooth connection between the phone and laptop.

All was well for a while until I noticed that the BT personal area network had an exclamation mark against it in device manager. I embarked on a series of unsuccessful uninstall and reinstalls of the latest BT stack from the Tosh download area and in desperation the Nokia software as well. The laptop is now in a state where BT installs (slowly !) but has a problem installing PAN again. Also, after installation the Toshiba BT manager starts a search for BT devices and gets caught in an endless loop. Likewise the Nokia software does not seem to respond at all.

I think the BT stack is in quite a state but I can't seem to clear the system out enough by uninstalling the BT stack and Nokia software to get a clear installation without errors. My device manager shows the following :

Bluetooth has RFBNEP, RFBUS, RFCOMM, RFHID, & Bluetooth USB controller-5 from Toshiba.
    Network adaptors has Intel Wireless, Realtec NIC and Toshiba Bluetooth (With a yellow triangle against it).
    COM ports show COM15-21 and 6-7.

If I look in problem and reports there is the following:
    Description
    Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 31.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
    Architecture: x86
    Hardware Id: BTH\MS_BTHPAN
    Setup class GUID: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    PnP problem code: 0000001F
    Driver name: bthpan.sys
    Driver version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Driver date: 01-18-2008
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
    Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem
    DMI7E43.tmp.log.xml
    LOG7EF0.tmp
    bthpan.inf

Can anyone help me clear up the mess that my system has become as its driving me nuts! I really don't want to have to reinstall Vista!

Thanks

2. Re: Bluetooth installation issues
    Hello Edward

Have you tried to roll back OS to earlier time (before the problem started) using System restore tool?

3. Re: Bluetooth installation issues
    Enthusiast
    Have you tried to used an older Nokia software ? I had problem with latest software suite but v4.88 worked fine. By the way, it seems that the HFP COM port 22 is not installed.

4. Re: Bluetooth installation issues
    I am facing the same issue someone help me out.