Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Should I get recovery DVD with brand new Satellite A300-16I?

1. Should I get recovery DVD with brand new Satellite A300-16I?
    Beginner
    Hi,

Does anyone know if a windows Vista DVD should have been included in the box? If not how do I receive a copy?
    Thanks for your help.

Martijn

2. Re: Should I get recovery DVD with brand new Satellite A300-16I?
    Hello

As far as I know all new Toshiba notebooks are delivered with HDD recovery image. That means there is no recovery media anymore. When you start your notebook model you will see a “reminder” about creating recovery DVD.
    Can you find on the desktop shortcut for “Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator”? If yes please start it and create recovery DVD.

Can you find “HDD Recovery” folder on second partition? Please do not delete it.

3. Re: Should I get recovery DVD with brand new Satellite A300-16I?
    Howarth is correct. My new Toshiba laptop came with no recovery discs, I had to make my own discs. If something goes wrong and you wipe the Recovery Partition, I believe you can order Recovery discs from Toshiba.

Remember to use brand new good quality DVD-R's to avoid problems/errors later. The cheaper brands or no-name discs use cheap dyes and can deteriorate within a year.
    TDK and Taiyo Yuden are good brands to use.