Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400: Fingerprint issue

1. Portege M400: Fingerprint issue
    Beginner
    I have a Portege M400 - core duo.
    Until recently, it has worked fine, but now, after swiping my finger, it says 'authenticated' and afterwards 'not certified', making me enter a password.

Of course i no longer know it, since i have been unsing the finger swipe for like forever.
    How can i solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Portege M400: Fingerprint issue
    Beginner
    LE: Managed to get past the 'error bla bla' screen. Now i can enter windows os. Still, is there any way of removing the password? I want to give the laptop away and hope i don't have to cut one of my fingers to give away with the laptop.

3. Re: Portege M400: Fingerprint issue
    Master
    If you want to give laptop away have you made clean OS installation using delivered recovery media?

Comment about finger is really good. ;)

4. Re: Portege M400: Fingerprint issue
    Beginner
    Actually, providing a clean install is the last thing on my mind right now. I am trying to find a solution of removing the password first, and then take it from there.

Isn't there any utility that works like: old password-swipe finger, new password-enter text, confirm-enter text????
    I have grown so lazy with this biometric thing that I can't remember the last time I entered a password.