Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite U300-152: keyboard keys are mixed up

1. Satellite U300-152: keyboard keys are mixed up
    Beginner
    I have a newly bought U300-152 with OS vista home premium 32-bit already installed by the distributor in Saudi Arabia.
    I observe some of the keys in the keyboard are mixed up for example shift+2 should give us @ and shift+' (apostrophe) should give us " (quote) but its the other way around meaning shift+2 gives me " (quote) and shift+' (apostrophe) gives me @.

Any solution for this to be corrected.
    What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Satellite U300-152: keyboard keys are mixed up
    Master
    Hi buddy

Donít worry, itís not a serious problem ;)
    It looks like you keyboard language settings donít match with the keyboard layout.

You can solve this issue very easily by changing the language settings in the control panel -> Regional & Language Options -> Languages Tab -> Details

I assume you keyboard language settings are set to ďEnglish *(UK)* ".
    But possibly you need to choose an English *(US)* to assign the right signs to the single keyboard buttons.

Check it out ;)

Greets

3. Re: Satellite U300-152: keyboard keys are mixed up
    Beginner
    thanks Juan. I did what you told me and now it is corrected. The default was English (UK) and changed it to English (US).