Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R500 - Unknown button on desktop

1. Portege R500 - Unknown button on desktop
    Beginner
    Hello

I have a Portege R500 and I noticed a small button in the upper left corner of my desktop (see screenshot, inside the red circle). The button looks very much like a close button on a window, but if I click it, nothing happens. It appears when I minimize all my opened windows. When I press the "display desktop" button in the "quick launch bar" however, it isn't there.
    Has someone encountered the same problem or does anyone has an idea where this button comes from and how I can prevent it from showing up?

[http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5613/iconqx4.jpg]

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by: nils.bertels@skynet.be_BE

2. Re: Portege R500 - Unknown button on desktop
    Enthusiast
    Hi there,

do you have ICQ installed? If yes, then you know what this "object" is, itīs the sign that ICQ runs in the background. Otherwise itīs some other application which runs in the background and places such a symbol somewhere around the desktop.

Could you please tell me which 3rd party apps are installed on your machine? Would be useful to know, maybe we can figure out what this weird symbol means..

Greets

3. Re: Portege R500 - Unknown button on desktop
    Beginner
    Hello

I don't have ICQ so it's not that.

4. Re: Portege R500 - Unknown button on desktop
    Beginner
    I found that the icon comes from the "Truesuite access manager". If I close the program, the icon disappears.