Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite 5200-701: Unknown device in the device manager.

1. Satellite 5200-701: Unknown device in the device manager.
    Beginner
    Hi.

It WinXP Pro + SP 3.
    In Device Manager display, as an unknown device. Try all drivers, who were on a disk along with the laptop, nothing helps. Give the solution!

2. Re: Satellite 5200-701: Unknown device in the device manager.
    Hi,

who should give you THE SOLUTION? I mean, you tried all drivers and nothing did installed... So, does your machine run properly? Does some device not work like it should?

Please check this firstly before installing all drivers without any success. Try to guess which device it could be, so then we can search for some solution.
    A good beginning would be to check the device in the device manager and write some of the information which is contained in the Properties window of the device.
    Please post the details which are in the properties of the device, maybe someone here in the forum can find out which device won´t work.

I assume also that the SP3 makes some problems, so another good option would be to deinstall the SP3 and go back to SP2.

Greets

3. Re: Satellite 5200-701: Unknown device in the device manager.
    Master
    I still use WXP with SP2 and I am really happy with it. If you have some problems with SP3 remove it and continue to use WXP with SP2 only. Satellite 5200 is pretty old but very nice notebook. Be sure the notebook runs well with SP2 and you have one good antivir application.

It is enough for well running Satellite 5200. I have noticed that many people have reported about different issues after SP3 installation. Exact the same with Vista SP1.

4. Re: Satellite 5200-701: Unknown device in the device manager.
    Master
    Oh yes. One more thing.

All stuff offered on Toshiba support site is tested and supported for SP2. To be honest I do not believe Toshiba will support SP3 for older notebook models.

5. Re: Satellite 5200-701: Unknown device in the device manager.
    Beginner
    Maybe u cant find the correct driver, but u can know what driver is it.
    Download the trial software of Everest or Aida32 to view all devices installed in ur computer. then u can view the links to download the driver from manufacturers page.
    I hope this information can be helpful
    Regards