Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How can I enter the BIOS of a Portege M100?

1. How can I enter the BIOS of a Portege M100?
    Beginner
    I've got actually two problems: How can I enter the Bios and why can't I install the latest drivers for the grafic chip?

I want to increase the grafic performance to the maximum, as I increased the RAM and the notebook is quite fast.
    I'd like to play more games that need directx9c.

Whatever you can help me: tx in advance.

2. Re: How can I enter the BIOS of a Portege M100?
    Master
    Hi

Do you use the Toshiba BIOS or Phoenix BIOS?
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a Toshiba BIOS... in this case you can use the ESC button to access the BIOS settings.

> I want to increase the graphic performance to the maximum,
    I've got bad news for you... the only one, real way to increase the graphic performance is the graphic chip upgrade... BUT this is not possible. The GPU chip is fixes on the board and it's not possible to remove it.

> I'd like to play more games that need directx9c
    Well, most of games need the directx9c. You could use the command "dxdiag" to access the DirectX settings and to check the installed version.

By the way; you can download the directx9c from the Microsoft website

3. Re: How can I enter the BIOS of a Portege M100?
    Hi Guys

Iím sure that the M100 supports the Toshiba BIOS and therefore the pressing of ESC button should allow you to access the BIOS.

Furthermore I agree with JimiÖ the graphic card chip is mounted on the motherboard.
    Itís not easy/possible to remove it therefore a graphic card upgrade is not possible.

By the way: M100 was equipped with the a Intel 855GM shared memory graphic card and it seems that this chip supports only DirectX *8*

Bye