Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Where can I buy a battery for my Satellite U200?

1. Where can I buy a battery for my Satellite U200?
    Beginner
    Hi,

Toshiba does not sell anymore battery for U200 (PA3356U-3BRS). It's just been just 2 years I bought this (good) laptop... Where can I find a battery?

Thx

2. Re: Where can I buy a battery for my Satellite U200?
    I really do not want to comment your opinion does Toshiba sell or not sell the battery but the fact is that Toshiba offer all parts and it can be ordered by almost every notebook online shop. I do not know in which country you live but use Google and put this part number as searched term. You will see how many online shops offer this battery.

Simply choose the best price and order one.
    That’s all!

3. Re: Where can I buy a battery for my Satellite U200?
    Beginner
    OK but
    1) very few online shops do sell this battery ;
    2) it's never the Toshiba original battery ;
    3) yes it's annoying that Toshiba does not sell anymore this battery since it's used by numerous Toshiba laptops.

4. Re: Where can I buy a battery for my Satellite U200?
    Beginner
    e.g. where is my battery ?

[http://fr.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/jsp/optionsAndAccessoriesSearch.do?service=FR&selOptio nCategory=4703|http://fr.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/jsp/optionsAndAccessoriesSearch.do?service=FR&selOptio nCategory=4703]

5. Re: Where can I buy a battery for my Satellite U200?
    >OK but
    >1) very few online shops do sell this battery ;
    >2) it's never the Toshiba original battery ;
    >3) yes it's annoying that Toshiba does not sell anymore this battery since it's used by numerous Toshiba laptops.

1) Maybe in your country. I do not know what to say. If you can find only one it is good and order it.
    2) No comment to this. You can always contact the shop by phone or email and clarify this.
    3) As far as I know Toshiba does not sell it directly but offer a list of “partners” – authorized shops where you can buy options and accessories.

6. Re: Where can I buy a battery for my Satellite U200?
    Beginner
    ok ok...
    I've got a problem with non-Toshiba batteries : they all have 11.1V instead 10.8V (original voltage).
    Is it ok anyway ?

7. Re: Where can I buy a battery for my Satellite U200?
    Beginner
    Hi,

So I searched a lot for Toshiba batteries and the fact is that I cannot find my Toshiba PA3356U-3BRS.
    Sometimes generic batteries with wrong voltage, but never Toshiba original batteries.
    On Toshiba site, this battery is not sold, so : how can I buy a Toshiba battery ?

Thanks

8. Re: Where can I buy a battery for my Satellite U200?
    Contact the ASP in your country and the guys could order such compatible part directly from the Toshiba