Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Question about RAM Upgrade on Satellite Pro A100

1. Question about RAM Upgrade on Satellite Pro A100
    Beginner
    Hi all,

I have a Satellite Pro A100 PSAACE that I want to upgrade. I currently have 1GB of RAM in two 512MB modules. I looked on Crucial.com and it said I need DDR2-PC2 4200 (240 pin DIMM) modules, but they of course want to sell their own stuff that only comes in 1GB modules.
    So what is the maximum amount of RAM my comp can take? I would like to have more than 2GB in order to make my paging file smaller. Is 2GB the maximum I can put in?

2. Re: Question about RAM Upgrade on Satellite Pro A100
    Your machine should be able to take 4 GB of RAM (but read first this article about the 4GB limit on 32Bit systems -> http://www.brianmadden.com/content/article/The-4GB-Windows-Memory-Limit-What-does-it-really-mean- ) but I would suggest you to upgrade only to 2GB since you won´t recognize personally more than 2GB when you´re working with your machine.

So, if you want you can also upgrade to 4GB but only 3GB would be available for work (4GB limit !! ).

Greets

3. Re: Question about RAM Upgrade on Satellite Pro A100
    Master
    To be honest I read several threads where people were not so happy with Curcial RAMs. In my opinion you should upgrade your notebook with 2 x 1 GB RAMs. With 2 GB RAM your notebook will run very good and I am sure you will be happy with it.

As recommendable modules you should use either 1GB (PA3411U-2M1G) or module recommended by Kingston.