Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satelline Pro A200: When headphones are connected sound comes through headphones + speakers

1. Satelline Pro A200: When headphones are connected sound comes through headphones + speakers
    Beginner
    I'm having problems when I plug my headphones into the headphone socket, sound comes through both the headphones and the speakers.

It hasn't always done this, only for a few months and i've been trying to find out how to fix it for a long time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks.

2. Re: Satelline Pro A200: When headphones are connected sound comes through headphones + speakers
    Master
    Maybe your headphone jack is faulty.
    Usually the tiny switch which is placed in the headphone socket should disable the speaker’s functionality if the headphone was plugged in.
    If this switch doesn’t functions correctly then the sound could comes through the speakers too…

I think this is a ASP case and the notebook technicians should check this…

Good luck

3. Re: Satelline Pro A200: When headphones are connected sound comes through h
    Beginner
    I don't think it is faulty, when I plug it in a pop up in the bottom right says Jack has been plugged in from the Realtek HD Audio Manager and sound comes through the headphones, but the speakers are not disabled.

I read a lot of forums with people having the same problem...

4. Re: Satelline Pro A200: When headphones are connected sound comes through h
    Master
    If you think the headphone jack is not faulty so why the speakers are not disabled using the headphones?

Fact is that the TINY SWITCH which is placed in the jack enables/disables the speakers. If this switch doesn’t functions then the speakers would be not disabled using the headphones. I hope this is clear now.

5. Re: Satelline Pro A200: When headphones are connected sound comes through h
    Beginner
    Greetings all,

New to this forum but Jaba is quite right, the headphone jack is going faulty. Take it to a laptop repair place and have them replace the jackplug (unless your machine is under warranty) and that will cure the problem.

If you want a technical explanation as to how the socket works I could bore you with it, but...