Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?

1. How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
    Beginner
    I have an A210 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 Professional and use the wireless network card to connect to our broadband modem.

For my business I would like to be able to send faxes through the normal telephone line direct from my laptop, rather than buying a fax machine.
    There is a Toshiba Software Modem attached to COM3, but I can't work out how to use it to send a fax.
    On older computers I have been able to set up the fax modem as a printer driver and have sent faxes directly from Word using a print-to-fax option.
    I can't find anything in the general Windows help or Word help that shows me how to do this on my laptop.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Gillian

2. Re: How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
    Enthusiast
    Hi,

for that you need a extra software. Google for "fax software"
    When you have installed a fax software you will have a printer device named fax ...

I hope this will help you

3. Re: How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
    Beginner
    I use toshiba satellite, the [total fax|http://www.softsea.com/review/Total-Fax.html]

can work fine with its modem, send fax be quickly.

4. Re: How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
    Beginner
    Hi, everyone!

I may say that there is no need to buy a fax machine for fax sending purposes.As soon an you have a computer and internet connection go ahead and subscribe to Popfax.com Internet Fax Provider. [Fax Provider|www.popfax.com] . Low rates and a very professional Customer Care assistance.

5. Re: How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
    Beginner
    Affiliation program is very easy money making. All you need to do is to place a company banner or logo and receive 10% revenue for every subscription that is referred from your site. I got involved in Popfax.com [ Affiliation Program|http://en.popfax.com/] and I have an easy monthly income without spending any of my time in order to do something. Popfax.com Service is a very reliable fax email service.

6. Re: How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
    Beginner
    I also use Popfax.com fax email service and it seems to be very good. Now you can use the code: *1202198212021982* to subscribe and you'll have 20% discount. Internet fax service is the best way to send and receive your faxes fast and cheap.

7. Re: How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
    Beginner
    > {quote:title=GillianS wrote:}{quote}
    > Any suggestions gratefully received.
    > Gillian
    I may say that there is no need to buy a fax machine for Faxing sending purposes.As soon an you have a computer and internet connection go ahead and subscribe to Popfax.com Internet Fax Provider. Fax Provider . Low rates and a very professional Customer Care assistance.

I use the The Zoom/Modem V.92 PC Card Plus on my Toshiba laptop - it is a 56K fax modem that plugs into the PCMCIA slot . Good performance and it has an on-board controller and Digital Signal Processor which is a nice feature. Also, has Modem on Hold so when you receive a fax or voice call, you don't lose your Internet connection. Hope this is helpful and good luck!