Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A200 - Does 'Erase hard disk' option remove recovery partition?

1. Satellite A200 - Does 'Erase hard disk' option remove recovery partition?
    Beginner
    Hi folks,

I have a new Satlellite A200 and it will not boot up. Tried running recovery CDs but no joy.
    Could someone please tell me, if I selected

'Erase Hard Disk' then 'Delete all data and partitions from the hard disk'

would this also delete the computer's internal recovery partition?

I have the recovery CDs but as I said, they don't work and I was wondering if clearing the HDD completely then running the recovery from the HDD recovery partition would help.

Sorry if this is a basic question for you guys! I've read through hundreds of threads, but can't find a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance,
    E.

2. Re: Satellite A200 - Does 'Erase hard disk' option remove recovery partition?
    > 'Erase Hard Disk' then 'Delete all data and partitions from the hard disk'
    >would this also delete the computer's internal recovery partition?

If you mean the hidden Vista WinRE partition then; YES

But donít worry buddy; The Toshiba Vista recovery CD would format the whole HDD and would erase all partitions but it creates the hidden Vista WinRE partition again on the HDD.

Greetings

3. Re: Satellite A200 - Does 'Erase hard disk' option remove recovery partition?
    Scholar
    To be clear: if you use recovery disc for clean OS installation all will be deleted. Not just data but also already created partitions. I know it sounds pretty bad but you must be very careful about that. If you want to install OS on already created partition C it will not work. The whole HDD will be deleted.

When you SETUP button you will have two options:
    One option offer you to define how much capacity the first partition should have (percental). Using other one the whole HDD will be deleted and the whole HDD capacity will be used for one partition only.

if you have more questions please post again.